Ascension School is the Catholic parish school of Ascension Church that has been making a difference for over 70 years. Emphasis is placed on helping all students, Catholic and non-Catholic, to grow in their relationship with God, to understand the basic teachings of the Catholic faith, to participate in Catholic rituals and traditions, and to grow into morally responsible citizens.
We are an academically balanced, caring, Catholic School, stressing Christian values and morals that are grounded in the gospels. These values are not only taught in daily religion classes, but are woven through the entire learning curriculum. This integration of values and academics enables each student to grow as a whole person – body, mind and spirit.
Eighty percent of our families are on some level of assistance. They understand the power of education and want to give their children the best start in life. We share that goal with them and want every student to:
- Know that the “American Dream” is within their reach
- Understand that the world offers them with endless possibilities
- Realize that achieving their dreams requires education, dedication and hard work
- Take full advantage of available educational opportunities
- Surround themselves with like-minded friends and to have the courage of their convictions to say no to negative peer pressure
- Understand that they can be the generation that changes the negative aspects of their current environment
- Become self confident and take pride in their accomplishments and in their heritage
- Take the lessons learned, both academic and moral, with them when they leave Ascension for the next step in their education and lives